1. Cohen, Mabel Blake et al (1954) An intensive study of twelve cases of manic-depressive psychosis. Psychiatry 17: 103-138. From Chestnut Lodge. A section in Psychoanalytic Concepts of Depression, by Myer Mendelson. (1974) Spectrum Publications, Inc., Flushing, New York. 59-64.
2. Dorpat, T.L. (1977) Psychoanalytic Study of the Child, 32: 3-27
3. Jacobson, E. (1953) Contribution to the metapsychology of cyclothymic depression, in Affective Disorders. Edited by P. Greenacre. I.U.P., New York, 49-83.
4. Joffe, W.G. and J. Sandler (1967) On disorders of narcissism, in From Safety to Superego. 1989. Karnac Books, London, 180-190.
5. Lax, Ruth F. (1989) The narcissistic investment in pathological character traits and the narcissistic depression: some implications for treatment. Int. J. Psycho-Anal. 70: 81-90.
6. Parkin, A. (1976) Melancholia: a reconsideration. J.A.P.A. 24: 123-139.